•   Cemeteries
      - Greenwood
      -
Oakland
      -
Star
      -
Other Cemeteries

     • City of Shreveport
      - Shreveport 1830s-1860
      - Shreveport 1865-1900 
 
    - Yellow Fever
      -  Oil and Gas

     • Lakes and Rivers
      - Caddo Lake
      -
Great Raft
      - Red River
      -
Other Lakes

     • Towns and Cities
      - Belcher
      -
Bethany
     
-
Blanchard
     
-
Dixie
      - Gilliam
      - Greenwood
      - Hosston
      - Ida
      - Keithville
      - Mira
      - Montery
      - Mooringsport
      - Myrtis
      - Oil City
      - Rodessa
      - Trees City
      - Vivian











 



 


  

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 Home | LSUS | Parish of Caddo | Contact Us

 

Cemeteries

 

St. Joseph Cemetery
2300 Block of Texas Avenue

In about 1882 Holy Trinity Catholic Church bought ten-and-one-half acres for $210 to establish a Catholic cemetery. A large monument is dedicated to the five Catholic priests who died during the yellow fever epidemic of 1873. 1
 

Forest Park Cemetery
Located on both sides of St. Vincent Avenue

The oldest section of Forest Park Cemetery was once a brickyard. The cemetery is the resting place of architect-musician N. S. Allen, First Baptist Church pastor and Dodd College founder M. E. Dodd, Huey P. Long’s wife Senator Rose McConnell Long, and U. S. Representative T. Overton Brooks. Also here are mayors Andrew Querbes, E. R. Bernstein, L. E. Thomas, J. G. Palmer, G. W. Hardy, Jr., and Clyde Fant. 2

 


References
                                                                                                                                        
                                                                                                                                                                             Back to Top
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish of Caddo 2004©

Images provided by LSUS Archive and website content written by Monica Pels